Updated: Nov 22, 2020
One of my favorite ways to stay busy during quarantine is baking! Baking can be a huge stress reliever and fun activity to do with your family in times likes these. Recently I have been OBSESSED with making this vegan banana bread, and of course, I added vegan dark chocolate chips. Healthy, vegan, easy, and gluten-free my recipe has minimal sugar about 150 calories, and 3.5 grams of protein per one thick slice serving. This vegan chocolate chip banana bread is perfect for an on the go snack, travel breakfast, or treat to indulge in at home. Now, to the Recipe!
10 Steps for a Vegan Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 mins
Bake Time: 20 to 40 minutes (depending on oven)
Total time: 30-50 Minutes
3 large very ripe bananas (mashed)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons plant milk or water
3 cups oatmeal (can make it gluten-free with Gluten-Free Oats) + 3 tablespoons (for topping)
Dash of cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (or chopped up dark chocolate bar)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4 cup blueberries or raspberries
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 teaspoons espresso powder + 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup Almond or Peanut Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 degrees F. for convection oven). Spray 9×5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
2. Make oat flour: Blend oatmeal for 1 to 2 minutes on high in a blender until it resembles flour. Measure out 2 cups of flour for the mix.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
4. In a large bowl mash bananas, then add in the wet ingredients, beating for 1 to 2 minutes until whipped, smooth consistency.
5. Slowly add in dry ingredients (minus chocolate chips) until just mixed.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and optional other mix-ins.
7. Pour into pan and top with 3 tbsp oatmeal and whatever toppings your heart desires.
8. Bake for 23 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Cut into thick, yummy slices.
10. Enjoy your irresistible healthy treat!
Enjoyed this recipe? Share a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me! Any comments, questions, or concerns? Leave a comment below and don't forget to subscribe.
Thanks for visiting gorgeousandglobal.com. And see you in my next post!